- Mitral valve prolapse (mitral valve prolapse) is the most common heart valve abnormality.
- Most patients with mitral valve prolapse have no symptoms and require no treatment.
- Mitral valve prolapse can be associated with fatigue and/or palpitations, migraine headaches.
- Mitral valve prolapse can often be detected by a doctor during examination of the heart. mitral valve prolapse can be confirmed with an echocardiogram.
- Patients with mitral valve prolapse are usually given antibiotics prior to any procedure which might introduce bacteria into the bloodstream, including dental work and minor surgery.
During my Doctor's visit, I found out I have MVP.
The doc says it is a congenital disease, one which you have since birth.
Anyways, says also that it's not that serious....
Just some precautions.