Thursday, April 14, 2011

Articles - Learned Helplessness

Articles - Learned Helplessness

I found this article thru Paolo Coelho's blog.
It is very interesting and very true actually.

Especially here in our country where we tend to just accept our fate.
I don't know the reason, but sometimes maybe it is because of fear of the unknown.
Because if we try to leave the present situation and go on to another path where you are unsure of,
We fear that when we go out of our "comfort zone",
We might not be able to survive what lies ahead.

I cannot deny that I also have this feeling at times.
Why do I have to go into a situation where I am not sure if it will turn out well or not?
When I am contented, though not happy, where I am.

Most of the time Change is very hard to accept.
We have to have an open mind and heart to be able to live life to the fullest.

The Serenity Prayer


God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference. 

Learning to distinguish that which we have to accept and that which we need to change and can change is a very important factor to get out of the Learned Helplessness Life.

Please read the blog, it is very informative.


No comments: